Accredited training has changed a lot in recent years. Much of the focus has gone from training to compliance. That’s where we can help. We have experience in creating quality compliant resources from IBSA to Aspire and several TAFE’s and RTO. We can create the resources for you to get on with providing complaint, relevant training to your students. Have a look at some of the content we have developed for other organisations within our portfolio section.
Blank simple eLearning strategy template
Download and use this simple eLearning strategy template for use in your accredited courses.
Blank Learning and assessment plan for delivering and assessing accredited learning online
Creating beautiful and engaging learning is only part of the process – firstly we look at compliance and create a map to define what part of the curriculum is taught, how its measured and who its scaffolded. This is called a Learning and Assessment plan.
We have created one for you here to guide you when you are delivering accredited courses on line.
Article: Top 10 reasons to convert your accredited training to eLearning
- More convenient for learners and governing bodies.
Traditionally, credentialing and certification programs have been instructor-led and delivered in a classroom setting. Typically, these on-site training events are only held on select dates and require some amount of travel. Registration is generally completed well in advance and members must plan their schedules around these multi-day events.
Thankfully, the advancement of online learning technologies has created a more attractive and convenient alternative. Rather than waiting around for the next available class, or having to travel to some far away destination, members can register and begin accessing their online certification or credentialing program immediately. Most learning management systems (LMSs) also enable members to complete the training from any desktop or mobile device.
Additionally, any governing body such as ASQA or TESQA can online audit and can clearly see the progression of development and continuous improvement. This has been done successfully on progressive free software such as Trello.
- Less costly for the RTO. The moment you convert your on-site program to online, you’ve eliminated the need for:
- print materials
- equipment (projectors, monitors, microphones, etc.)
- on-site staff
- computers or other means for completing assignments and exams
- Administrative time
- Assessment marking time
Depending on your program and the size of a typical class, this could save your association thousands of dollars. Even high-stakes testing can now be conducted completely online through the use of webcams and identity verification software – eliminating the traditional expenses of invigilated exams.
- Increased profitability for the RTO. Less money spent on classrooms, instructors, association staff, equipment, security, food, travel, etc. means higher profit margins. There are still costs associated with the online delivery of certification and credentialing programs, but these are generally one-time costs and substantially less than what you spend on an in-person course over the time of the course. Additionally, once the curse has been developed, you may run it unlimited times – without the need for additional development.
- Easier to update materials. Instead of using textbooks and handouts, your members will access digital versions of your training materials. When changes are necessary, you can simply update the master resource for your eLearning course, save out a new PDF document, or link to a new cut of your video-based course. Skip the printer and make changes in minutes instead of months. That’s the beauty of digital media!
- More consistent delivery of information. Even if you use the same trainer every time, the experience will be different each time you offer your on-site training. For some associations and in some industries this can be a real issue. eLearning remains consistent day after day, for learners across the street, across the country or internationally.
- Quicker to complete for learners. Learners are busier than ever and their time has never been more valuable. Completing certification training online enables learners to move at their own pace and without unnecessary interruptions. Instant access to online content also means that learners who are ready to begin immediately don’t have to wait.
- More relevant content. Learners can access up to date news and information and discussions online that are pertinent to their course by linking online. This takes seconds rather than hours for trainers to research.
- Easier to manage for the RTO. With eLearning, your association staffers can spend less time tracking down instructors, reserving classrooms, coordinating, processing registrations and completing compliance documentation. RTO staff are already stretched too thin; by making the switch to online course delivery, everyone’s job becomes a little bit more manageable.
- Increased ability to track and report on attendance. Attendance sheets and sign-in tables are a thing of the past. Now, your association’s LMS will automatically track learner registrations, attendance records, course completions, and exam scores.
- Increased automation for the association. Just about everything in the credentialing and certification process can now be automated. Registrations, purchases, transcripts, and certificates are all handled by the LMS and completely hands-free.
BSBWHS401- Here is the learning resources we created for this accredited unit of competency.Powered by elearningfreak.com
Here is the learning resources we created for part of the emotional intelligence accredited unit of competency.Powered by elearningfreak.com
Cert III Early childhood education – Here is one small section we created for the above qualification.Powered by elearningfreak.com